Expedite claims processing with loss report verification
About the service
The Report My Loss service offers the insurance industry a valuable tool to help address the increasing cost of handling claims relating to lost property.
Now available throughout the UK, Report My Loss allows the insurance industry to accept and validate lost property report reference numbers.
A consistent verifiable loss report number helps insurers make informed decisions on claims, whilst at the same time providing confidence that the details of the lost property are visible to Police systems nationally via the NMPR (National Mobile Property Register).
How to verify a loss reportThis can be done by entering the Report My Loss reference number provided by the claimant into the validation box on the homepage of Report My Loss to obtain a copy of the loss report.
- If the claimant hasn't done so already please request the Lost Report Number.
- Go to the validate lost property report page
- Enter the claimants loss report number, your email address and reference information (for example, the claimants name, their insurance claim number) as presented on the form.
- We will authenticate the loss report number and forward you a copy of the report to the email address provided.
Recipero's Crime Reduction Ecosystem
The Report My Loss service is an integral part of the Recipero Crime Reduction Ecosystem, which works to help repatriate and reduce criminality relating to lost and stolen items whilst creating improved efficiencies and intelligence for the police and insurance industry.
Visibility to police and trade of an item's lost status reduces insurance fraud and the proceeds of crime benefiting both policy holders and insurers.
Report My Loss along with Recipero's other solutions are the result of over 15 years of development, data gathering and building of important relationships with our partners, police, clients and of course the public.
As the mobile device industry's "trusted third party" Recipero are the conduit through which disparate parties securely work with each other to identify and address theft and fraud.
What does the ecosystem encompass?
In short, a large number of systems that you can learn more about on the Recipero site, however the most relevant services to Report My Loss users are summarised below.
- CheckMEND: Used by individuals, traders, retailers and recyclers to check the background history and current status of a device or other personal possession prior to its sale or purchase.
- Immobilise: The UK's National Property Register, is a police endorsed, personal possession register where members of the public are able to securely record their belongings pre-loss or theft.
- NMPR: A dedicated Police portal that is searched thousands of time each day by officers investigating crimes that involve mobile phones and other property that has been reported stolen, seized or otherwise recovered.
Advanced mobile device claims validation
ClaimsCheck, part of the Recipero Crime Reduction Ecosystem, works to identify insurance fraud at point of claim. It achieves this through real-time device intelligence delivered at point of claim and simple intelligence sharing with service providers, police, traders and other insurers. Working with ClaimsCheck also helps to protect insurers after settling claims from the devices they now own from being sold without permission.
Fraudulent insurance claims over mobile devices is big business and lucrative for criminals, please read more about tackling fraud with ClaimsCheck on the Recipero site: www.recipero.com/claimscheck.
If you are interested in learning more about how your insurance company can start benefiting from Report My Loss please contact us by emailing email@example.com
If you require general support or help with a report or the reporting process please view our support information page for help resources and support contact routes.