- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we provide the Report My Loss™ service.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you use our service. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- Who we are. We are Recipero Ltd a company registered in England and Wales (“we” “us” or “Recipero”). Our company registration number is 03794898 and our registered office and main trading address is at Recipero Ltd, Watermoor Point, Watermoor Road, Cirencester, GL7 1LF. United Kingdom. Our registered VAT number is GB 746 4954 92. In the USA, our representative is Recipero Inc. of 720 S. Colorado Blvd, Penthouse North, Denver, CO 80246 USA.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by emailing our customer service team at email@example.com or by writing to us at the above address.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by the email address you provided to us.
- "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. This contract will be on these terms and conditions, which will apply to the exclusion of any terms you may have or propose.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this by email.
- Your LR number. We will assign a loss reference (“LR”) number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the LR number whenever you contact us about your order.
- Worldwide service. While our companies are located in the UK and the USA, you can access and use this Website from anywhere in the world (provided you can establish the necessary communication/Internet link).
- Our Report My Loss™ service will be as described on our website: www.reportmyloss.com. (the “Website”)
- We do not guarantee that the Website or any of its content will always be available or will be uninterrupted. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- We do not guarantee that the Website will be free of bugs or viruses and we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused to you by any bug, virus, distributed denial of service attack or other technologically harmful material by the use of the Website or accessing any website linked to it.
- You should be aware that, once a report has been submitted to the Report My Loss™ database, it is not possible to remove that record from our systems. You will only be able to update the database to reflect the correct status of the item you have previously reported and, if you so wish, to have your personal data deleted.
- We do not warrant or guarantee that an insurer will accept a Report My Loss™ report or LR number as part of their claims validation process. If you intend to use the Report My Loss™ service for this purpose, we recommend that you obtain confirmation from your insurer before using our service.
- We will not be liable for any failure to provide or delay in providing the service due to nay cause or event beyond our reasonable control.
PROVIDING THE SERVICE
- If you wish to use our service, you must submit a lost property report using the required Website form and unless one of the Exceptions applies to you, at the same time you must pay the Fee and any value added or sales tax or similar payable.
- The “Exceptions” are where the loss of property occurred in an area where use of the Report My Loss™ service is subsidised by the local Police Force/Department or other party. Click on the link to see the current Exceptions
- Having submitted a lost property report and having paid the Fee (if applicable), your insurer can confirm that the LR number you have provided to them is legitimate by visiting the Verify Report section of the website.
- We will perform the service with reasonable care and skill. Subject to this, all conditions, warranties, terms and undertakings (express or implied, statutory or otherwise) in respect of our performance of the services are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We are not responsible or liable for delays outside our reasonable control.
- Supply of required information. We will need certain information from you so that we can supply the services to you. If you do not include as much detail as possible in your lost property report, it may be rejected by your insurer and will be less useful to any police force concerned with your loss.
Reasons we may suspend the supply of services to you. We may have to suspend the supply of services to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes; or
- update the services to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
NO RIGHTS TO CANCEL THE CONTRACT
- Because our service is provided on a “one-off” basis and is complete when you submit your lost property report and payment (if applicable), you will not have a right to cancel the contract.
HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, email address and LR number.
- Except where you are terminating the contract due to our failure to provide the service, you will not be entitled to any refund of all or part of the fee paid (if any) if you terminate the contract.
OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for our service at any time by emailing you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due;
- you falsely claim an Exemption; or
- you provide information in your lost property report which is known to be incorrect or misleading.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in any of the situations set out in clause 7.1, you will be liable to pay the Fee (if unpaid) or will forfeit the Fee in full (if paid).
- Even if you break the contract, we reserve the right to maintain your lost property report and LR number on our Website, without any liability.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
- How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or issues about the service, please contact us. You can email us at email@example.com.
- Summary of your legal rights. We are under a legal duty to supply services that are in conformity with this contract. For detailed information regarding such rights in the UK please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk . For US consumer rights, please visit the FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection at www.ftc.gov. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
- Methods of payment. Payment options vary by location but we normally accept payment by credit/debit card or PayPal. If you do not pay the fee (where applicable) we will not provide the service for you.
- IP rights. Recipero is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in this Website and its content and all such rights are reserved.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen. Our total liability to you for all and any claims for breach of our contract or for negligence will not exceed 10 (ten) times the fee.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the service for domestic and private users. If you use the services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to supply the service to you;
- to process your payment for the service; and
- to make it available to insurers and police forces, for the purposes of assisting you in making an insurance claim and of crime detection and prevention.
- We will only give your personal information to other third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
- We may transfer this contract to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. You cannot transfer your rights under this contract to someone else.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in either the Northern Irish or the English courts. For customers based in the USA, these terms are governed by the law of the State of Colorado and any dispute may be referred to the courts of that State.